Role-based permissions are used to limit the level of access users can have on your LiveEdit website.
- Setting Roles
- Setting Role Permissions per page
- Setting Role Permissions per Content Area
- Setting Role Permissions per Element
Under the Users and Groups section, please use the Role selector to set an individual's access level.
|Password Protected Pages||X*||X||X||X|
|Services and App Access|
(Blog, Recipe, etc)
Setting Role Permissions per page
Under the Pages section, a new Permissions tab field will allow you to control access per page.
- Can Edit Details - Allows a specific role to edit the properties of this page (e.g. Name, URL, SEO Information.)
- Can Edit Content - Allows a specific role to edit the content on this page.
Setting Role Permissions per Content Area
The orange lock symbol next to the name of a content area will allow you to lock all content within that area to a specific role.
- If you lock a Region, all content areas within that region will share the same access level that the Region is set to.
- The Can Edit Content role under Pages overrules any individual permissions set to Content Areas or Region on the page. For example, if a content area is set to an Admin but the page is set to Site Owner, all Admins and lower will not have access to edit any content areas on the page.
Setting Role Permissions per Element
Under the Advanced tab of each element, a new Permissions field will allow you to control access for editing the element.
- Similiar to Content Areas and Regions, the Can Edit Content role under Pages overrules any individual permissions set to Elements on the page.