The Analytics section allows you to add tracking codes for Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Facebook Pixel, and any other third-party analytic service you are using. Please note, any tracking code installed within this section will run on every page of your LiveEdit website.
- How to access the Analytics Section
- Create and connect a new Google Analytics Account:
- To create a Google Analytics account, please visit http://www.google.com/analytics
- Legacy Universal Google Analytics Account (e.g. UA-12345678-1)
- Google Tag Manager
- Facebook Pixel and other third-party tracking codes
- Google Ad Conversion
How to access the Analytics Section
Log into your LiveEdit website
Navigate to the Dashboard section
Click on the Analytics Setup link listed under Services
Create and connect a new Google Analytics Account:
To create a Google Analytics account, please visit http://www.google.com/analytics
- When creating your account, you will be asked to connect a Data Stream, please select Web and use your primary custom domain. Once created, copy your tracking code. Please note, you will find the tracking code by clicking on the Global site tag (gtag.js) section.
- Next, navigate to the Analytics section then paste your tracking code into the Universal Analytics Global Site Tag (GTAG.JS) box and click Update.
Legacy Universal Google Analytics Account (e.g. UA-12345678-1)
If you already have an existing Google Analytics account and it's using a Universa Legacy Tracking ID (e.g. UA-12345678), paste your Site ID into the Google Analytics (Legacy) box.
Google Tag Manager
Google Tag Manager code snippet comes in two parts (<Head> and <Body>) and can be installed under the Google Tag Manager box
Facebook Pixel and other third-party tracking codes
Facebook Pixel and all other third-party tracking codes can be installed by adding your tracking code to the Other Tracking Pixels box.
Google Ad Conversion
We recommend installing your Google Ad Conversion tracking through a Google Tag Manager account then installing Google Tag Manager under the Analytics Setup.
Google Ad Conversion Guide: https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/6095821?hl=en