What is a ".liveeditaurora.com" URL?
A ".liveeditaurora.com" URL (e.g. iintraining.liveeditaurora.com) is a developmental URL that allows you to design your website before it’s shared on the web for visitors to find and is not intended to be your permanent URL. When you are ready to go live, we recommend purchasing a custom domain as it helps build brand awareness and optimize your website’s Search-Engine-Optimization (SEO).
- By default, ".liveeditaurora.com" URLs will not be indexed by any major search engine, such as Google or Bing, meaning that it will not be found in search results.
- Your ".liveeditaurora.com" URL is used to identify your account and assist you with any questions.
- Once you launch your website under a custom domain, your ‘.liveeditaurora.com’ URL will not be seen by visitors.
Where can I purchase a custom domain?
We do not offer custom domain sales or registry services. A custom domain can be purchased from any DNS (Domain Name System) provider such as GoDaddy, Google Domains, and NameCheap. We encourage you to choose a DNS provider you are comfortable with.
Do I need to purchase website hosting services?
No. Your website and its digital content are hosted within our services.
Do you provide custom email addresses?
We do not host or provided custom email addresses services. If you are looking to have a custom email address to match your custom URL, we advise contacting your DNS provider, as many offer custom email services.
Can I have more than one domain for my website?
Yes. If you choose to have multiple domain names for your website, you can certainly do so, although it's not entirely beneficial to your website. To add in additional domains, simply follow the launch steps below for each URL.
To launch your website, there are two essential steps:
STEP ONE (this is done with your DNS provider)
Contact your DNS provider and request the following two changes in your DNS settings:
- Update the A Record of your base domain so it points to our IP address of 22.214.171.124
- Update the CNAME Record of your 'www' subdomain so it points to our IP address of 126.96.36.199 or the @ symbol.
- Do not redirect or forward your custom domains to your ".liveeditaurora.com" URL in your DNS settings.
- It can take upwards of 24-48hrs for DNS changes to propagate and go into effect.
- We do not require any other changes within your DNS settings, such as changing the Name Server, to launch your website.
- Please do not check the 'Has SSL' option when first launching a domain. If you wish to purchase an SSL, please Click Here.
STEP TWO (this is done within your website)
- Log in as an admin to your Liveedit website then click on Account Settings that appears after hovering over your name/email in the upper right-hand corner of the Liveedit toolbar. You can also access Account Settings from the Dashboard section.
- Next, click on the Domains tab. This is where all of the aliases (or alternate URLs) for your website are listed.
- Under the Connect Another Domain section, type in the non-www (example: liveeditplatform.com) version of your domain and then click Connect. After entering in your domain, you will be redirected to a screen with information on how to update the A Record in your DNS settings. If this has already been set, please click Back.
Note: Please do not include 'http://', 'https://', or spaces when entering in your domain.
- Next, let's set your non-www domain as the primary domain. The primary domain will be the main domain visitors see when visiting your website. To set this, please click on the Star () icon next to your non-www domain so it appears filled in ().
- Under the Connect Another Domain section, type in the www (example: www.liveeditplatform.com) version of your domain and then click Connect. After entering in your domain, you will be redirected to a screen with information on how to update the A Record in your DNS settings. If this has already been set, please click Back.
- Next, click on the small Edit icon () to the right of the www version of your domain. In the pop-up window that appears, type in your non-www domain into the Redirect To field. Once added, click Update.
Note: Search engines recognize both versions of your website domain but by selecting one version as your primary domain and redirecting all other domains to your primary domain, this ensures all inbound traffic to your website is seen under one domain.
If you see a check () under the DNS column of your domain, it indicates your domain is successfully connected to your website.
Note: If you see an X under the DNS column of your domain, it indicates the A Record of your domain is not pointed over yet. If you see a ? under the DNS column of your domain, it indicates your A Record is pointed to our older IP address.
I followed the steps above but my website is not live yet?
Updating an A Record can sometimes take upwards to 24-48hrs to fully propagate in some DNS providers. If its been over 48hrs, we recommend contacting your DNS provider to ensure that change went through.
When I type in my domain name, why am I taken to my 'liveeditaurora.com' URL?
This will happen when a redirect has been set up through your DNS provider. Please contact your DNS provider to remove this redirect in your DNS settings.
I followed the steps above but my website is showing the login page to visitors?
Under the Account Info tab within Account Settings, there is an option called Password Protect. When this option is enabled, the entire website will be password protected and require a login to view
If you have any questions or troubles launching your website, please open a new support ticket with our team.