What is a ".liveeditaurora.com" URL?
When your website was created, you chose a ".liveeditaurora.com" URL for your account. This URL is provided so your website can be built before others can view and find it on the web. This will not be your permanent URL, and not how your site will be accessed by your clients, it is solely for you, as well as our team at LiveEdit, to access your site while you work on it. By default, this URL will not be indexed by any major search engine, such as Google or Bing, meaning that it will not be found in search results.
We do not encourage you to share your ".liveeditarurora.com" URL. It is a recommend best practice to purchase a custom domain for your website and business, as it helps build brand awareness and optimize your Search-Engine-Optimization (SEO).
Where can I purchase a custom domain?
Liveedit does not offer custom domain sales or registry services. A custom domain can be purchased from any DNS (Domain Name System) provider. Here are some popular DNS providers our clients have used: GoDaddy, Google Domains, and NameCheap. We encourage you to choose a DNS provider you are comfortable with.
Do I need to purchase website hosting?
No. Your website and its digital contents are hosted by Liveedit. The hosting is part of your monthly subscription cost. Additional website hosting through a DNS provider is not required.
Do you provide custom email address?
No. Liveedit does not host or provided custom email addresses. If you are looking to have a custom email address to match your custom URL, we advise to contact your DNS provider, as many offer custom email services.
Can I have more than one domain for my website?
Yes. If you choose to have multiple domain names for your website, you can certainly do so, although it's not entirely beneficial to your website. To add in additional domains, simply follow the launch steps below for each URL.
To launch your website, there are two essential steps:
STEP ONE (this is done with your DNS provider)
1) Log into your DNS account, or contact your DNS company directly, and set your Domain A Record (sometimes just called the 'A' record or @ record) of your base domain (example: mywebsite.com) AND the 'www' subdomain (example: www.mywebsite.com) to the following IP address:
- For the 'www' subdomain, it may be listed as a CNAME record instead of an A Record. Please set this to point to the above IP address or to @
- Changing your DNS settings can take upwards of 24-48 hours to go into full effect, but many times it only take a few minutes.
- To launch your Liveedit website, we DO NOT require any other changes within your DNS settings, such as changing the Name Server
- Please do not add any redirects to send your custom domain to your ".liveeditaurora.com" URL in your DNS settings, as it may cause an issue with accessing the website. (example: When you type in www.mywebsite.com and are redirected to mywebsite.liveeditaurora.com. This is NOT correct.)
- Please do not check the 'Has SSL' option when first launching a domain. If you wish to purchase an SSL, please Click Here.
STEP TWO (this is done within your website)
- Log into your website and select the Dashboard icon from the top right of your LiveEdit Dashboard.
- Click on the Account Settings link.
- Select the Domains tab. This is where all of the aliases (or alternate URLs) for your website are listed.
- Under the Connect Another Domain section, type in the non-www (example:. liveeditplatform.com) version of your domain and then click Connect. After entering in your domain, you will be redirected to a screen with information on how to update the A Record in your DNS settings. If this has already been set, please click Back.
Note: Please do not include 'http://' or 'https://' when entering in your domain.
- Next, let's set your non-www domain as the primary domain. The primary domain will be the main domain visitors see when visiting your website. To set this, please click on the Star () icon next to your non-www domain so it appears filled in ().
- Under the Connect Another Domain section, type in the www (example: www.liveeditplatform.com) version of your domain and then click Connect. After entering in your domain, you will be redirect to a screen with information on how to update the A Record in your DNS settings. If this has already been set, please click Back.
- Next, click on the small Edit icon () to the right of the www version of your domain. In the pop-up window that appears, type in your non-www domain into the Redirect To field. Once added, click Update.
Note: Search engines recognize both versions of your website domain but by selecting one version as your primary domain and redirecting all other domains to your primary domain, this ensure all inbound traffic to your website is seen under one domain.
If you see a check () under the DNS column of your domain, it indicates your domain is successfully connected to your website.
Note: If you see an X under the DNS column of your domain, it indicates the A Record of your domain is not pointed over yet. If you see a ? under the DNS column of your domain, it indicates your A Record is pointed to our older IP address.
Please Note: If you are on the IIN Heritage Package, only one custom domain aliases can be added.
I followed the steps above but my website is not live yet?
Updating an A Record can sometimes take upwards to 72hrs to fully propagate in some DNS providers. If its been more than 72hrs, we recommend contact your DNS provider to ensure that change went through.
When I type in my domain name, why am I taken to my 'liveeditaurora.com' URL?
This will happen when a redirect has been set up through your DNS provider. Please contact your DNS provider to remove this redirect in your DNS settings.
I followed the steps above but my website is showing the login page to visitors?
Under the Account Info tab within Account Settings, there is an option called Password Protect. When this option is enabled, the entire website will be password protected and require a login to view
If you have any questions or troubles launching your website, please open a new support ticket with our team.