Google Search Console is a FREE website analytics tool that gives site owners
access to data about their rankings on Google. There is an ample of abundance
of information that can be gleaned from the Search Console such as search terms
your site can be found for using a Google Search, how it ranks for those terms
compared to your competitors and how many users are clicking on your site's
listing. This is also a great place to check periodically, as Google will send messages
via the Search Console which will let you know if there are concerns with your site,
such as malware, hacking, or violations of Google's Webmaster Guidelines.
1. Sign in to Search Console at google.com/webmasters/tools using your Google account. If you don’t have a Google account, you’ll need to create one.
2. After you sign in, click on add a property.
- Use your Google Analytics account Recommended
- Add a meta tag to your website’s HTML Recommended for advanced users only
Upload a file to your serverNot Compatible with the LiveEdit platform.
- Add a new DNS record
7. A message will display, congratulating you on successfully verifying ownership of your website.